As an Edmonds City Council Member, I am commited to:
BE PRESENT and fully engaged while maintaining an excellent attendance record as your representative at city council and committee meetings .
BE PREPARED for council meetings by reading the materials, asking questions, and seeking to understand how decisions affect the greater community. I commit to reach out to citizens affected and obtain a diverse perspective of opinions as I lead with empathy, understanding and fiscal responsibility.
BE PROFESSIONAL as a member of a collaborative team of decision makers working for all citizens of Edmonds. I will treat fellow council members with respect and maintain a positive and productive relationship even though our opinions may differ.
- Elected Edmonds School Board, 2011-Present
- Mayor’s Advisory Task Force, 2017-Present
- Civic Park Planning Committee, 2016-2017
- Edmonds Affordable Housing Task Force – Phase II
- City of Lynnwood Convention Center Task Force, 2019-Present
- Fiscally Responsible for $325M School District Budget
- President of Edmonds School Board, 2018-Present and 2013-2015
- Chair of Hazel Miller Foundation, 2015-2018
- Chair of Edmonds Diversity Commission, 2017-2018
- Graduate of Leadership Snohomish County Class of 2017
- Recipient of Washington Association of School Administrators Community Leadership Award
- Edmonds Elementary Playground Project Lead
- PTA President and Meadowdale Sports Auction Chair
- Founder of Teachers of Color Foundation which increases Diversity of Teachers in the classroom by offering scholarships and support for aspiring teachers.
- City of Edmonds Diversity Commission Founding member, appointed by Mayor Earling, 2015
- As an enrolled member of the Prairie Band of Potawatomi Indians, Diana has advocated for diverse curriculum initiatives, Indigenous People’s Day, Land Acknowledgement, and cultural learning and awareness in classrooms in her community.